JOB: BREWING ASSISTANT
This is a full time job (M-F) that contributes to Attaboy’s success by assisting Brian in all brewery needs. As Brewing Assistant, you will be shadowing Brian in a variety of tasks, cleaning, and helping overall brewery needs.
We’re looking for someone that is passionate about beer and brewing. 1-2 years brewing experience or homebrewing experience necessary. This is manual labor, you’ll be on your feet moving and lifting all day. We believe in going the extra mile for our beer and never saying, "eh, it's good enough." If you can find satisfaction in putting the extra effort to get that fermentor spotless, then this is the job for you. And we firmly believe in a post work shifty. Get in there!
SUMMARY & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Summary & Key Responsibilities:
- Assist Brian in all brewing tasks
- Cleaning kegs
- Make carbonated water
- Assist w hard cider production
- Fill kegs & barrels
- Follow cleaning procedures as directed (SOP’s)
- Clean draft lines
- Scrub floors and fermentors
- Clean windows between Taproom and Brewery
- Take out trash, break down boxes
- Clean spent grain bins
- Sweep warehouse, maintain warehouse cleanliness
- Deliver beer (vehicle is not needed, but cleaning driving record is)
- Festival and/or Farmer’s Market prep
- 2 x yearly festival work
- Wax shuffleboard, Crowler machine maintenance or other random tasks as needed
- Take part in tasting sessions and staff bottle shares
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
- Maintains positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Anticipate needs and take on tasks as they come up
- Develops positive relationships with other staff members
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, be on your feet and active most of the day
- TBD work around brewery & barrel house. This is a small operation, we all wear a lot of hats.
- TBD Cleaning tasks. More cleaning. If you do not like cleaning, working in a brewery is not the job for you.
- ASK QUESTIONS! Do not assume. We’d prefer you to ask a question. No question is stupid!
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send resume and a quick blurb about yourself and why you'd like to work here. No calls please.
Subject line: Brewing Assistant